Saturday, March 15, 2008

Firefly!

In case I have not emphasized the point enough before:

I ABSOLUTE ADORE THIS SHOW.


The work of Joss Whedon, creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel.

... Best explained by Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefly_%28TV_series%29

I have fallen in love with each and every one of Firefly characters. Especially Mal. Yes I'm aware that he's a somewhat mid aged man running a somewhat doubtfully legal crew (along with galaxy-wide wanted fugitives) and that I'm also of the male gender, I love him all the same.

As well as the two female characters - Inara and Saffron. Inara is basically the dream of any men that exist on this planet that has even half a sense of beauty. Saffron... simply speechless, I would pledge my soul to that queen and do her evil biddings as she please.

Sounds pretty emo, you just have to see it yourself.

For you Firefly fans, here's something you'll love:

http://www.serenitystuff.com/2006/01/29/firefly-barbies/

Friends and I have also started a project to raise $20 (EDIT: it's 20,000,000. I forgot to add in the 'million') USD to fund the second Firefly movie or season two of the TV series, let us know if you'd like to offer assistance of any kind. I would suggest you trod along and purchase a copy of Firefly - the collectors edition as a starting point.

Out, will be quoting Firefly as abusively as possible in the future.

EDIT: I'm horrified to admit that I neglected to mention River Tam... yes, she's reappearing in a new TV series hence I must still be feeling her presence and not missing her as much...

-

Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius.
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

2 comments:

Ritzy said...

lol

tainted said...

basically River pwns every other chick in the show with the exception of Inara. Catch Summer Glau (River) in the new Fox TV show "The Sarah Conor Chronicles". GO RIVER